The poll results are in! The final count is 70.4% in favor of moving to the new cluster, and 29.6% opting to stay on the current one.
As there was no 75% majority, there will be no wipe of the current The Center and SE maps and these will continue running as normal. However the poll has made it clear to us that there was a big divide in the community and while there was no majority, there was a significant amount of people wanting a fresh start on a new cluster. After seeing the direction the poll was going, we started to put a lot of thought into what we could do and come to a “middle ground” and keep everyone happy.
So after some careful configuration and technical wizardry, we feel that we can launch the new AstralArk Cluster alongside the current two servers while still maintaining a smooth gaming experience. There will however be some caveats to making this change, as I’m sure everyone can understand due to the significant amount of work needed from our side.
What happens now?
- The current The Center & Scorched Earth maps will continue as normal
- The new AstralArk Cluster will be launched in the upcoming days (hopefully Tuesday night)
- We will be available to admin both server clusters
What are the caveats?
- Arena will only be run on the new server cluster, this is due to the amount of time needed to do it from our side. It would be too much for us to run events on both server clusters
- The current two maps will continue to run, but only if they remain active, there is no point running empty servers! Notice will be given if these should ever be shut down
What’s the deal with the new server cluster?
- The new cluster will include The Island, The Center and Scorched Earth maps and will be completely wiped
- The 3 servers will all have a wild dino level of 120 to remain consistent
- The servers will have the same rules & base settings as the previous servers (4xT/2xG/2xE) etc.
- Item, Dino & Character transfers are enabled across all 3 servers
How can I access all of the servers now?
We also want to add, that while we will continue to run and support the current servers, we would like to encourage everyone (including those who voted against it) to seriously consider moving to the new set of servers. We feel the new cluster will be the best thing for the community in the long run and wouldn’t like to see people not being able to play together due to being on separate clusters.
If you have questions, please comment below and we will do our best to answer!